Monday, January 14, 2008

Blingy Wheels

I was in Cycleways on Saturday and I was shown the new Specialized/Roval Controle XC Race wheels. Very very light (about 1420g for the pair versus 1580g for my SLRs) and shiny. I'm not so sure if they would last as well as the bomb proof SLRs but I wouldn't mind giving them a go. The rim profile looked nice - built for using normal tires and sealant.


In other news, I was up around Three Rock on Sunday and I have never seen so many mountain bikers out in Ireland (outside of races). Every car going up the hill had some mountain bike strapped on the back. I saw all manner of bikes from toy bikes all the way up to the most expensive rigs around - most of the bikes were nice though... I'm glad to see mountain biking (and outdoor activities in general) finally taking off in Ireland. Ballinastoe is a great help for all of this too - those trails are sweet.

1 comment:

Ryan Sherlock said...

I went into Cycleways at the weekend to get a proper weigh in of the wheels but they were already sold. They had some of the Roval road wheels in there though - they looked very very nice.