Saturday, May 14, 2005

The Wicklow Way

After last nights ball, I actually woke up this morning in great form. For the last week, my plan for today was to go on a long bike ride. Sometimes in Ireland (this isn't too often) everything seems perfect, the weather, the people, the atmosphere... This was one of those days! (My theory about Ireland is that if it was about 15 degrees closer to the equator it could possibly be the best place in the world to live... Unfortunately, it's not, which means my time remaining in Ireland is short).


The track I took for my trip was up Three Rock, then Two Rock and from there, follow the Wicklow way for about 15 to 20 miles. It was a lot of fun and some of the views were amazing. However, I did have a 15 minute stint when I did not have a clue where I was. I looked around and all I could see was but bog and mountains. Eventually I found a paved road. So I just hoped onto it for a fast descent back to the city.


In the end I was cycling for about 3 and a half hours. It was a gorgeous day and hopefully getting me in decent shape for cycling in California this Summer.

No comments: