Thursday, June 14, 2007

Time Machines...

It's been pouring all day here today (the blissful Californian weather of just a few days ago is but a distant memory – the tan is still here tho :) ) and I had the bright idea of giving the Turbo Trainer a go instead of getting soaked outside as my ride for today was going to be a pretty short (about an hour) active recovery spin. I have a Turbo Trainer for about 14 months now and have used it about 3 or 4 times so, I set up the laptop, turned on an episode of the Sopranos and started to pedal... Time passed, more time passed, started to get thirsty, drank some, keep pedaling, moved through the gears... I looked down at the clock and 3:47 (as in 3 minutes 47 seconds) had gone by! Ahhhhh!

Anyway, I stuck it out and did the 'spin' but I think I'll be throwing the thing back in the cupboard and put on the rain gear the next day...

No comments: