Monday, January 28, 2008

Wicklow Road Ride Route - Three Major Climbs

I'm going to post an off road loop the next time but first, here is another road loop that I like to do from time to time. It's pretty long at about 120km with 1900m of climb but if it is not too windy, it's great. I think I have done this exact loop 4 or 5 times. Basically, there are 3 major climbs. Sally Gap from the north, then the Wicklow Gap from the East followed by the Sally Gap from the west. Each of these are about 20 minute climbs for me (at a pretty quick pace). The scenery is amazing along the way and you are never too far away from a shop (it is a long spin after-all).

The Profile for the Spin


I think it was the nicest January day I have seen in Ireland




The reason I add it now is that it's the spin I did on Sunday, the last day of a big week for me (rest week this week – yeah). It took 4:20 to do it at a pretty quick pace and the PowerTap tells me I used 3,700kJ (so about 3,700kC when you take my efficiency into account). Power averaged 231, 270 normailzed and I got 256 TSS